Il Control in PVE: le meccaniche di defiant & indignant

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...dignant-guide/

queste sono le meccaniche anticontrol dei champion i boss del gioco.

Introduction:
Was not sure where to place this, and I have not seen any other guides for the Defiant and Indignant mechanic so I thought I'd do my best and write up a little guide.

In pve, while mobs can have the boon stability often they will have Defiant, it is important to understand how this works, as it is vital in learning to use your CC well, and not to waste your more expensive CC based effects such as Knockdown or Stun. Keep in mind Control effects are different then conditions such as immobilize or cripple, and as such they do not effect Defiant or Indignant.

Control effects:
Daze, Knockdown, Launch, Pull, Push, Sink, Stun and Float. These are the only effects that will work towards removing or effecting Defiant and Indignant, it is important to remember these. For ease of understanding I have color coded these so you can see the most important ones, try not to waste these removing stacks of Indignant (explained later) Red is the most valued while Green is the least.

Defiant:
Defiant is the "Control boon*" that many champions have, as you can see in the image below, defiant grants indignant when hit by control effects. It also has the passive effect of reducing the duration of blind by 90% and lowers the duration on weakness and vulnerability by 50%. So in short when you use any control effects on this target it will gain a set amount of Indignant this can be more then one at a time.

*Defiant cannot be removed by any means, including such skills as the Necromancers Spinal shivers or traits like searing flames from the Guardian.

Indignant:
again look at the picture below, indignant causes the target to become immune to all control effects, however using a control effect on the target will remove one indignant boon, but only one not the entire stack like it would if you where removing a condition from your self. As you can see next to the Indignant picture it has two stacks of it, meaning you will need to use two CC effects to remove it to allow you to land a control effect.

Video:

As you can see in this video, at 3:09 I use a knockback on the Champion that I am fighting, it then gains 3 stacks of Indignant. Meaning I would need to use 3 more control effects before I can again do another control effect, that would effect the champion.

Overview:
While this is a short guide I hope it helps you understand the Defiant mechanic that many champions have. Control is an important aspect of guild wars 2, and understanding how it works will improve your game play. As mentioned before, immobilize and cripple both do not count as control effects, meaning you can keep a champion crippled or immobilized as much as you like.

When using actual control effects however i suggest using Launch, Push and Pull effects to remove the indignant stacks, and then use Stun, Knockdown and Daze to effect the battle in a much more meaningful way.