PDA

View Full Version : Gisgo godiiiiiiii!!! Resource REVAMP!

Torok
20/07/2013, 17:38
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/september-resource-revamp.83018/

Our primary goal for re-addressing the resource system is to make sure it does a better job making resources drive the combat taking place, make sure they have real strategic value, and generally have more meaning than they have currently.

This is a relatively complicated system - you know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. I've done my best to try and distill the essence of a 25 page design document down into something more easily digestible, so these are just the broad strokes of the plan we're currently mulling over.

Resources are reduced to a single currency and acquisition timers are removed.
Inventory for infantry items is removed - changed to pay on use
Individual Bases/Facilities supply Resources for local players
Bases/Facilities have a power level that is drained by providing resources to local players

There is a passive power regen to offset the cost of small skirmishes and to restore full power when no combat is taking place.
Full powered bases provide more resources than low powered ones
The more players being given resources, the faster the power drain

Addition of Auraxium Crystals/Mines as a power source

These are resource nodes added in between facilities
Vehicles fitted with appropriate equipment can load up auraxium at these nodes
This auraxium can be transported to a base to manually refill it’s power reserves

When a base is totally out of power, no resources are provided to the friendly troops in the area. This allows the attacker cut off entrenched defenders from using resources if they can keep supply vehicles from breaking their blockade

There's still a lot of other little nuances and details but I think that gives a decent overall picture. It's a pretty significant departure from the current system - do you think this plan would make resources a more interesting component of the game? Does it go too far? Let us know.

Sunderer ANT!!! :D :D miniereeeehhhh, caravaneeee, attacchi alle diligenzeee :love::love::love::love:

poi ancora Malorn dice:

1. The idea of PS1-style neutrality is a possibility, but it isn't essential for the core mechanics. The running thought on this is that we want to see how a pure-resource loss system works. If we are successful in making resources matter then the 100% loss of them should be crippling enough. Neutrality offers other tradeoffs though. It does make for a more extreme consequence and can up the stakes.

2. Yes, inventory refers to the stockpile of infantry consumables which completely insulates players from shortages. The goal is that resources are generally constant and predictable, but they are subject to local acute shortages that are impactful. Inventory hurts that and is also tedious and unnecessary. Removal of it opens more skill of resource management for veterans while making it easier for new players to explore the game and be more spendy (they start with only grenades and vehicles to spend resources on, so they can afford to try out vehicles more...lot better than current 20 minute cooldowns).

3. Mechanic is very ant-like: Deploy, charge up, transport, deploy to dispense. And yes, ground vehicles. Air vehicles would circumvent the geography and detract from the desired gameplay.

4. The resource nodes will be placed, not random. Think of them like charging stations. Drive up, deploy, charge up, leave. Some will charge faster than others as part of a risk/reward tradefoff. They'll be placed in remote parts of the continents to get more interesting gameplay in the more unused areas and make geography more of a factor. The number and placement is TBD, but that's the goal. Oh and every warpgate would have one nearby so you always have a power source even if backed up.

5. I had envisioned AMP stations having a power-related role but that moved to the Warpgate. AMP stations have another important benefit planned.

INB4

questo invece è d'obbligo guardarlo tutto ghgh

Cloud Wallace
20/07/2013, 18:26

ok, e le cert spese per ridurre i timer?

Gisgo
20/07/2013, 19:59

ok, e le cert spese per ridurre i timer?

Sicuramente saranno rimborsati oppure convertiti in uno sconto sulle risorse... è solo un piccolo particolare (tralaltro li ho tutti maxati).
Ma l'Ant sarà un cert per il sunderer... vero?
Tutto molto bello e molto in ritardo... ma vabbé meglio tardi che mai; i convoy sono particolarmente fighi mancavano proprio le road battles.
Adesso serve un link tra i continenti e le battle islands.

Hai notato che da quando l'enclave ha mollato Malorn si è messo a lavorare? :asd:

ps. ho preso una hd7850 per 75 euri, l'altra sera ho finalmente giocato un po' con grafica high :love: e posso anche tenere la gt550 a gestire il physx! Peccato che sto cmq a 35fps per colpa del processore.

Torok
20/07/2013, 21:03
Sicuramente saranno rimborsati oppure convertiti in uno sconto sulle risorse... è solo un piccolo particolare (tralaltro li ho tutti maxati).
Ma l'Ant sarà un cert per il sunderer... vero?
Tutto molto bello e molto in ritardo... ma vabbé meglio tardi che mai; i convoy sono particolarmente fighi mancavano proprio le road battles.
Adesso serve un link tra i continenti e le battle islands.

Hai notato che da quando l'enclave ha mollato Malorn si è messo a lavorare? :asd:

ps. ho preso una hd7850 per 75 euri, l'altra sera ho finalmente giocato un po' con grafica high :love: e posso anche tenere la gt550 a gestire il physx! Peccato che sto cmq a 35fps per colpa del processore.

la physx fa crashare a nastro :v e come fai a farla girare con un ATI? :O
comunque si l'Ant è confermato, probabilmente sarà un unlock del sunderer, così fanno prima, ti riquoto quello che ha scritto malorn

3. Mechanic is very ant-like: Deploy, charge up, transport, deploy to dispense. And yes, ground vehicles. Air vehicles would circumvent the geography and detract from the desired gameplay.
settimana prossima mettono il lattice su Esamir (sul test server looka troppo figo), poi tocca ad amerish e poi ci siamo per il continent lock! hanno confermato che le battle island avranno un ruolo nel continent locking e saran tipo 125vs125 o cose cosi

altre info:

Few clarifications to some questions here and on other feedback channels:

There are two resources: Facility resource (power), and Personal Resource (nanites). Personal resource income is affected by power level. So a facility at 50% power will have half the resource income to players being supplied by that facility.

Power is drained based on players being supplied, not their actions. So one player pulling a vehicle is not going to be harmful. The more players being supplied the more power is drained (it's a stepwise function, not linear). Idea is that small groups will have little or no effect on power drain but it is a much more significant factor in larger battles. The 'steps' closely map to the activity levels - squad, 2 squads, platoon, 2 platoons, etc.

Warpgates provide a small amount of power inflow to connected facilities. This is enough to offset any drain for small groups, and empty facilities will slowly recharge over time on their own (so no running around fueling up bases). Severing lattice where possible can be very impactful to the facilities that are cut off.

How players spend their resulting resources does not affect other players. That part of the system works the same as it does today - players have resources and they spend them on vehicles and consumables. Instead of having 3 separate resources there will be one resource.

Roughly speaking you should be able to go from empty to full resources in about 10 minutes in ideal conditions. That may change but that's the ballpark. The goal is that if you want to do one thing like drive tanks or fly aircraft, you can do that if you save your resources for those things. We also don't want to have too much save-up power so you are affected when resource income is reduced. Deep pockets insulates that so we don't want pockets to be too deep.

Acquisition timer certs will likely be refunded. This seems like the most fair way to handle it.

The power-fetching aspect is intended to be focused around large battles to spread them out. Power-carrying vehicles would show up on the continent map so they would be mobile objectives, primarily for vehicle combat. This isn't intended to be a boring tedious thing so much as a sort of capture-the-flag style gameplay where the power carrier is highly likely to see action.

Warpgates are facilities that do not suffer power drain, so they are always available as a recharge point.

Of course everything above is subject to change, and that's one reason we want your feedback!

Gisgo
21/07/2013, 01:15
la physx fa crashare a nastro :v e come fai a farla girare con un ATI? :O

Non so ancora COME ma so che con WIN7 si possono installare 2 driver video, assegnare una scheda video come "primaria" e una a gestire solo il physx.
Pare che serva anche un programma esterno per ingannare il physx che si disabilita in presenza di una radeon.

Torok
21/07/2013, 13:26
altre info che fanno presagire modifiche al lattice, perchè nello stato attuale non puoi praticamente quasi mai o proprio NON puoi tagliar fuori un amp station per esempio o anche solo un outpost

Attackers are supplied by adjacent linked friendly facilities. If none then income is zero.

Will we be able to get resources through XP? If not there goes my play style http://www.planetside-universe.com/f_images/smilies/cry.gif.

No, that would go away. Its unnecessary complexity and instability. Its existence is insulation against denial effects. You simply get income at a steady rate from the supplying facility.

e poi questo per te gisgooooo vaiiii feedbackkaaaa, se non vuoi postare su PSU dammi delle idee qui e le forwardo, nell'1 faceva qualcos'altro l'ANT?

Whether it is a module, what can equip the module, or whether it is a standalone vehicle is something we'd like your feedback on.

Can you offer up some good uses of an ANT beyond a space truck? We want all the vehicles to have a well defined role and to be fun. Being a space trucker doesn't seem like it is worth the trouble or worth investing in...what other cool uses do you think the ANT and its power mechanic might bring to make it an interesting and fun vehicle to invest in?

Gisgo
21/07/2013, 15:35
Non so l'Ant è sempre stato l'Ant e basta, era un mezzo abbastanza noioso di per sé la cosa divertente erano le battaglie che infuriavano per impedire all'Ant di arrivare a destinazione.
Questo succedeva in due occasioni: sui ponti e intorno alle mura della base. In particolare intorno alle basi succedeva questo: i friendly erano tutti dentro la base, gli enemy la circondavano, e il convoy doveva "sfondare" l'assedio per permettere all'Ant di entrare nel cortile prima che i naniti finissero... una volta perso il cortile l'Ant non aveva più senso. Se hai presente le basi di PS1 puoi immaginarti vagamente una battaglia del genere.

Ora il problema su PS2 è che i ponti ci sono ma non servono a nulla (puoi fare il giro nove volte su dieci) e le mura sono ENORMI (e bucate) e fondamentalmente impossibili da difendere lungo tutto il perimetro, e ovviamente non potendo difendere il cortile non puoi difendere l'Ant.
Questo della mancanza di chokepoints e delle basi GIGANTESCHE sproporzionate e indifendibili per me è uno dei problemi fondamentali di PS2 ma è anche vero che le basi le stanno ridisegnando in maniera più oculata.
Per ora l'unico continente adatto mi sembra Amerish se non altro perché ci sono diversi chokepoint.

Devono anche far quadrare un elemento strategico in un gioco in cui tutto viene condizionato dall'XP: perché guidare un Ant e sprecare le risorse che potrei investire su un Harasser (con cui faccio più XP)?
Gli Ant vanno difesi ma su PS2 si fa fatica a difendere un AMS, figurati un mezzo in movimento...

In sintesi non credo che l'Ant abbia bisogno di qualcosa di speciale, penso che tutti gli elementi di gioco intorno all'Ant debbano essere leggeremente tunati... è una roba che richiede tempo e pazienza.

Cloud Wallace
21/07/2013, 19:21
beh con il cambio alle meccaniche del drop pod nel GU13 dovrebbe essere più difendibile un AMS, adesso come adesso dura 5 secondi prima che uno stronzo tipo me con 2 mine ti droppa sopra. Per questo al mio ci ho messo mineguard, però c'è sempre il simpatico amico con 2 C4...

Torok
21/07/2013, 22:47
cut
lettura interessantissima, per il base redesign aspetta mercoledì per GU13 e la nuova esamir :) è veramente eccelso, rosikerò a gocare su altri continenti, indar pure, e a breve arriveranno anche i Dome shield, che saranno un nuovo beneficio delle AMP station!! ficata, le basi saranno più difensibili ancora.
quindi secondo te è meglio che l'ant sia una mod del sundy piuttosto che un veicolo a parte che non avrebbe molto altro uso giusto?

repost per futuro ANT maximum swag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_xiWDUdT0

Gisgo
22/07/2013, 05:10
quindi secondo te è meglio che l'ant sia una mod del sundy piuttosto che un veicolo a parte che non avrebbe molto altro uso giusto?

Il sundy è perfetto, è GROSSO e multiuso.
Ma invece la bolla stealth? Non se ne è più parlato.

Torok
22/07/2013, 16:47
Il sundy è perfetto, è GROSSO e multiuso.
Ma invece la bolla stealth? Non se ne è più parlato.

non saprei, quando so di più ti dico

Cloud Wallace
22/07/2013, 19:47
lettura interessantissima, per il base redesign aspetta mercoledì per GU13 e la nuova esamir :) è veramente eccelso, rosikerò a gocare su altri continenti, indar pure, e a breve arriveranno anche i Dome shield, che saranno un nuovo beneficio delle AMP station!! ficata, le basi saranno più difensibili ancora.

repost per futuro ANT maximum swag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_xiWDUdT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dkN0YIBjEM